Ampion is well positioned in a dynamic industry segment. Currently, we’re looking for help in most areas of our business, and we’re especially interested in talking to technically-oriented and enthusiastic people committed to the exponential growth of renewable energy.
Experience in retail energy back-office operations, renewable energy software or hardware, or renewable energy operations is critical in these positions. If you are interested in joining the Ampion team, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ampion is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting employees without discrimination. We value the unique perspective of every individual in contributing to our success, and strive to create a diverse and welcoming team, so we encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
Senior Software Engineer
At Ampion (formerly Acadia Micro) you can expect to learn about a novel and growing segment of the energy industry, and will collaborate daily with founders and a tight-knit technical team. We strive to create an inclusive, adaptable environment where developers can exercise their own initiative and learn from each other. Our development process is iterative, agile, and focused on delivering useful features that work within the highly regulated and always-changing energy industry. At the moment, our stack includes Rails, AngularJS, React/Redux, ElasticSearch, and PostgreSQL. But the system is quickly accelerating past the MVP stage and we are designing changes that will deliver long-term viability and awesomeness in data warehousing, visualization, security and scalability. Experience from outside of our current stack would absolutely be valued.
- Developing features to meet requirements of regulations, operating protocols, field data loggers, and technical standards
- Working with our cloud-based hosting and our continuous-deployment infrastructure
- Solving problems, implementing solutions, working within a team, meeting commitments, and proactively supporting the success of our clients
- Function as a peer leader to promote engineering best practices and support company goals
- 7-10 years development and delivery experience with ruby, Rails 4.x backed by relational databases, and web dev in general
- Solid understanding of web front-end development (JS, CSS, HTML) and appreciation for good-looking, easy to use UI. Experience with Bootstrap as a CSS framework
- Experience working on a fast-paced development team and supporting dynamic operating requirements with an agile, lean, Continuous Delivery approach
- Great understanding of OO and FP principles including strong design patterns knowledge, and appreciation for modular, decoupled, idempotent, and well-tested code
- Comfortable with Git version control: committing, branching, merging and rebasing
- Experience working for an energy company, renewable or otherwise, and an understanding of net metering
- Design and operation of AWS-based infrastructure using Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar
- Experience interacting with Modbus protocol devices, microcontrollers, or systems programming
- Interest in or experience with other languages/platforms and appreciation of their various strengths
- Experience with document-store (noSQL) and time-series databases, system monitoring, or data-warehousing solutions (eg ELK, Cassandra, Hadoop, InfluxDB, AWS Kinesis, Graphite, OSISoft PI)
Customer Care Representative
Energy in America is seeing big changes. Renewable power is more accessible to everyday people than ever before. And as a result — we’re expanding. We’re looking for someone motivated and friendly. Someone who likes working with customers to solve problems. Someone meticulous and detail-oriented, comfortable with technology, and flexible to the needs of a fast-moving start-up.
- Answer inbound customer communication (phone calls, emails) & take ownership in solving customer concerns.
- Articulate, verbally and in writing, complex industry concepts in straightforward, customer-friendly communication.
- Document every customer exchange in the Ampion Customer Relationship Management software.
- Maintain a list of frequently-asked questions from Client and Regional groups.
- Produce KPI reports related to customer communication & ticketing.
- Identify areas for improvement as they relate to the role's primary responsibilities.
- Work with Account Management and Billing on resolving more complex inquiries from C&I subscribers.
- A 4-year college degree from an accredited institution, or degree-in-progress.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- 2-3 years of working in an office setting.
- Comfortable in multiple software environments.
- Call Center Experience, including regular interaction with a CRM Software
- Familiarity with Community Solar Programs in the United States
- Experience with report building; Google Sheets; Microsoft Excel
- Experience with mass-email campaign platforms like MailChimp.